Sunday, January 20, 2008

Cold contemplation



I came across the following in a devotional challenge -




"One of the greatest ways to learn about God is to spend some time looking at His creation. His power, His majesty, His beauty and His incredible creativity all come out in the world He made.




"Take a walk in the woods or in the country and take some time to behold God's creation. What do you learn about His character-and about heaven-through what you see?"




Saturday morning I went out early hoping for a beautiful sunrise. I strapped on a pair of snowshoes and headed out equipped with a camera and anticipations. My anticipations lived longer than the camera (Even when charged the night before, lithium batteries don't do so well in the cold).




As the sun came up above the trees I heard the chatter of a beaver at work. Trees popped as they moved in the cold wind. The water's constant rushing became soothing background noise to the sun's silent crescendo.




I left with some great pics and vids, but more valuable to me is the remembrances of thoughts and challenges they recall.


No comments: