Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Body as Temple & Psalm 90

I'm sore from in-service bowling. How pathetic is that? Sore from bowling! Muscle stiffness is a hypothyroid characteristic. On the good side, I have that feeling of having had a great work out the day before. I was reminded today in an in-service session by Bobby Wood that the believer's body is the temple of the Lord. If a distinguished guest were to visit my home I would present it in the best way possible out of respect. The Lord Himself resides in me. How are the accommodations? How am I a steward of what He has entrusted? Are big people more spacious?

Ps 90:12, 15, 17
Teach us to number our days.
Give us gladness in proportion to our former misery.
May the Lord our God show us His approval and make our efforts successful.

Life is brief, but we have a God Who does not forsake us. He does not punish without purposes of love. He has taught us and promises joy if we follow His guidance. When we do so we will experience His approval as Joshua did.

No comments: