Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Surrender: Releasing Our Grip

The following comes from So You Want to Be Like Christ, a book recommended to me by a friend and prayer partner. He and I were able to discuss it recently.

"It's a problem too great for you to solve, a responsibility too heavy for you to shoulder, or perhaps even a blessing that has come to dominate your every waking thought. Rather than have it ripped from your weary, cramped fingers, choose to release it into God's care. You're not simply letting it drop; that's giving in to defeat. You're releasing it to One greater than yourself and trusting - believing - that He is both able and willing to care for it better than you."

Similarly from Tozer - "Please root from my heart all those things which I have cherished so long and which have become a very part of my living self, so that Thou mayest enter and dwell there without a rival."

Thank You, Lord, for current challenges and clarity of conscience.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Thanks for the great quotes. Very encouraging and convicting.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder - always needed. (This is Heather, by the way. I know my blogname isn't familiar.) :)